Surface Drill Rig Mechanic
Agassiz Drilling Surface Drill Rig Mechanic
Salary range: $ 30-40 per hour
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Working hours: 40hrs/weekly; 80hrs/biweekly
Start date: As soon as possible
Agassiz Drilling 2000 Ltd. is a third-generation surface drilling and blasting company first established in 1958. It then grew to a large Construction Company that was involved in all aspects of the civil construction industry.
The Surface Drill Rig mechanic is expected to perform various tasks including the following essential functions:
- Provide professional and timely service, repair, maintenance and overhaul for surface drill rig machinery and ancillary equipment.
- Specifically, perform preventative, routine and non-routine maintenance and repair of diesel internal combustion engines and related pumps, compressors and rig hydraulic equipment.
- Manage all logistics related to equipment transfer including disassembly, loading, unloading and assembly.
- Update all maintenance and repair records in accordance with prevailing company protocols and statutory requirements.
- Manage spare parts inventory including the purchasing function for repair and maintenance work.
- Adhere to and practice all safety procedures and protocols especially including those related to protective equipment and air quality.
- Perform preventative maintenance work on the surface drill rigs including troubleshooting.
- Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to fascinate any necessary repairs. Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents, non-conformances, and safety hazards to the president.
- Participate in safety meetings and safety drills held on board.
- At least 8 years of work experience working as a surface drill rig mechanic in quarry, mining, or construction (or combination of)locations.
- Excellent knowledge of machinery and equipment as well as hand tools. Must have proficient knowledge of contemporary diagnostic hardware and software used in surface drills. Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge and skills on detecting and troubleshooting irregularities and malfunctions of machineries, repairing, or replacing defective machinery parts, performing routine machinery and equipment maintenance tasks as well as operating hoisting and lifting equipment.
- GED Certificate or Registered Apprenticeship Certificate, or equivalent.
- Credentials of Mechanic Trade Certification.
- Fluent in English language, excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Capable of lifting of up to 45kg.Valid driver’s license.
Dental, vision, and extended health care.
To apply for the job, please send your cover letter and resume by email to: Human Resources at: email@example.com
All interested persons can to apply, but only Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered for this job.
Class 1 Driver
The chosen candidate must have a clean driver’s abstract and 5 years’ experience. We are looking for someone with lowbedding experience and preference will be given to those with winch experience.
- Conduct pre-trip truck & trailer inspections and reporting any problems
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Completing a daily truck log and submitting mileage reports
- Loading and unloading the equipment that is being transported
- Securing equipment being transported
- Plan best route options and book any permits required
- Valid Manitoba Class 1 Driver’s License
- Experience with Heavy Equipment
- Experience with Dimensional loads
- Good Communication skills
- Strong record of attendance and reliability
- The ability to follow safety procedures
- $25.00 – $30.00 to start based on experience
- Permanent full-time employment
- Fast paced work environment
- Benefit Package available after probationary period of 3 months
- Travel through NW Ontario, Manitoba, and Saskatchewan
Please submit resume highlighting experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position and only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Looking for experienced drillers on Sandvik DP1500i, DP1100i, DX900i, DX800 and DC410Ri. Wages are dependent upon experience.
We have a long term project, camp work, rotation 20 and 10, flights provided to Winnipeg and then Charter Flights to Central Ontario. There are also various locations throughout Manitoba, Saskatchewan and Northwestern Ontario.
Full benefits after 3 months.
Can offer simulator training for DX900i.
If interested, please send resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest in these positions, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.